This bean dish is a favorite at family gatherings. My mother-in-law introduced it to me years ago and I was instantly hooked . Serve it over a bowl of romaine lettuce for a quick healthy lunch or scoop with chips for a festive appetizer. How ever you eat it, you will be left craving for more!
This recipe was actually pretty hard to document the measurements. It really is a dump and serve type of dish. Feel free to adjust to your liking!
- 2 cans chick peas
- 2 cans blackbeans
- 2 cans corn
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- juice from 1/2-1 whole lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Open all the cans and rinse/ drain
- Throw beans and corn in a big bowl.
- Chop green onions and cilantro and add to bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and garlic
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix and serve!