I recently went to a friend’s house for dinner and was asked to bring a dessert. The family is gluten free and my friend’s son has a dairy, oat and egg allergy. It’s times like this that I am thankful for the many different diets I have been on.
These cookies saved the day! They are gluten free, grain free, egg free and dairy free but don’t be fooled- they are certainly not free from flavor. These scrumptious cookies make my mouth water every time I even think about baking them. Bake a big batch of these and bless someone who has one of these annoying allergies.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped 85% chocolate bar (or the Enjoy Life chocolate chips work for allergy purposes)
- Mix almond flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder and coconut flakes in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
- Add chocolate chunks or chips.
- Mix well and let the dough sit for about 5 minutes. This allows it to soak up all the liquid and harden a bit.
- Form into balls then press down (about 1 inch thick) on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Make the cookies as big or as little as you like. I use a standard cookie (or ice-cream) scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
- Cool and Enjoy!